Friday, September 24, 2010

Friday Night Lite- Sloppy Joes & Oven "fries"

     If you're like me you like to have something a little more "fun" for dinner on Friday nights. Tonight we're having Almost Meatless Sloppy Joes featured in the May 2010 edition of Cooking Light (Click Here for Recipe). 
This is both a healthy and budget conscience recipe that your whole family will love. (I used fresh tomatoes from my garden, organic carrots and beans, and Grass-Fed Ground Beef.  Feel free to use ground turkey or chicken instead)
     For a side dish, we are having mama's homemade oven fries. My daughter HATES all things potato, but when I whip up these "fries" she gobbles them right up. Hope you enjoy them as much as her!

Mama's Homemade Oven Fries 
Ingredients:
3 Medium Size Potatoes (I used a mix of organic Minnesota Gold Potatoes and sweet potatoes)
Sea Salt
Vegetable Oil

Directions:
Heat oven to 425
Peel Potatoes and cut into "fry-like" shape
put into a plastic storage container (BPA free preferred:)
Put about 3 T Vegetable oil in container
sprinkle with sea salt (garlic or season salt is good too)
Cover and Shake to cover

Spread onto a cookie sheet and bake at 425 about 20 min.


1 comment:

  1. Haha! Our daughters are very similar! Mine hates all things potato too, except fries. I even made "fries" with breakfast one morning instead of putting them in the egg scramble because I knew she'd eat them that way.

    ReplyDelete