I've yet to jump on the meatless Monday bandwagon. In fact ironically the one time a week we eat chicken or beef usually ends up being on a Monday. Since it's Monday and our dinner is meatless, I figured I'd go with it. Adding the beans into this pasta dish gives your family an extra dose of much needed protein.
Whole Wheat Penne with Spinach and White Beans
Half box of cooked whole wheat penne
1 1/2 Cup cooked White Beans (such as great northern or navy. you can also used rinsed canned beans)
About 3 handfuls raw organic spinach, stems trimmed
2 cloves garlic
1/4 C chopped white onion
1/4 C Organic half and half
1/4 C shredded parmesean
1 T Flaxmeal
EVOO, salt, and pepper
1. In a medium skillet, on medium, heat about 2 T EVOO for 2 minutes. Add 2 cloves chopped garlic, and the onion. Heat until browned, stirring frequently.
2. Add spinach, salt and pepper, and stir about 2 minutes until wilted. Looks like this:
3. Add half and half and cook until thickened. About another two minutes
4. Add spinach mixture, desired Parmesan, and beans into cooked pasta and stir.
5. Cook covered @350 about 20 min or until heated through.