Friday, October 8, 2010

Friday Night Lite - "Healthy" cookies that actually taste good!

Happy Friday! Today's Friday Night Lite comes from my family's favorite cookie recipe. I've been perfecting this recipe for a few years, and have come up with what I think is a pretty darn good "healthy" cookie. So, grab your apron and let's bake.

Jenny B's Whole Wheat Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients:


1 C Whole Wheat Flour
1/2 t soda
1 t baking powder
1/2 t salt
1/2 c brown sugar
1/2 t cinnamon
2 T Flaxmeal
2 T butter
1/2 c honey
1 egg
1/4 C Applesauce 
1/2 t vanilla
2 C oats
1/2 C dark choc chips (I use Ghirardelli 60% Cocoa)
Optional: Walnuts
Optional: 2 T Cocoa Powder



Directions:

mix dry ingredients
mix wet ingredients
combine
bake @350 about 9 min. Key is to not over bake


2 comments:

  1. mmm I'm going to print this one out and give them a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope they turn out:)Feel free to give feedback:)

    ReplyDelete